Travelling to Bali in Indonesia is the dream of many travellers, with its heavenly beaches, rich culture and breathtaking scenery. However, before diving into the Balinese adventure, it's essential to understand the administrative formalities, particularly the tourist visa. Indonesia has different types of visa, but one of the most popular and convenient is the eVoa (Electronic Visa On Arrival) visa, which can be obtained online. Understanding the fees associated with this online visa and the process of obtaining it is fundamental to ensuring a hassle-free trip with no financial surprises. On this page, we'll look in detail at the cost of the Bali tourist visa, the advantages of the online option (eVoa), the steps involved in applying online, the period of validity, and much more. Before you set off for this exotic destination, take the time to familiarise yourself with the information presented here, as it will help you plan your stay in Bali with complete peace of mind.
eVoa Indonesia tourist visa price: Key points
- The cost of an eVoa visa for a stay of up to 30 days in Bali, Indonesia is €35 on average.
- The cost of an eVoa visa for a stay of up to 60 days in Bali, Indonesia is €95 on average.
- In addition to these costs, processing fees vary depending on the service provider you use to apply for your visa.
- The price of the eVoa visa may vary depending on your nationality and country of origin.
What is the eVoa tourist visa for Bali and Indonesia?
Explanation of the importance of a visa for travellers to Indonesia
When considering travel to Indonesia, including Bali, it is crucial to understand the importance of a visa. Indonesia has strict regulations regarding the entry of foreigners into its territory, and possession of a valid visa is often an unavoidable requirement. As a general rule, travellers from many countries, including the UK, require a visa to enter Indonesia, even for tourist purposes. Failure to comply with these rules can result in severe penalties, such as fines or expulsion from the country.
To simplify the process of obtaining a tourist visa for Bali and Indonesia, the Indonesian government offers eVoa (Electronic Visa On Arrival), a convenient and efficient online option. eVoa allows eligible travellers to obtain their visa before arriving in Indonesia, significantly reducing the hassle of arriving at the airport.
One of the major advantages of eVoa is its simplicity. You can submit your visa application online, avoiding long queues and tedious formalities at the airport. What's more, the application is usually processed quickly, which means you can obtain your travel authorisation in just a few days.
How much does the eVoa tourist visa for Bali cost?
The cost of a tourist visa for Bali varies according to the length of your stay. There are two main categories of tourist visa for Indonesia: the short-stay tourist visa (30 days) and the long-stay tourist visa (60 days). Here's an overview of the costs for each category:
- Price of the short-stay tourist visa (30 days): The cost of this visa is generally lower and is ideal for short stays. The price may vary depending on the nationality of the traveller, but it is generally affordable. (Starting at €35).
- Price of the long-stay tourist visa (60 days): This visa is suitable for travellers who plan to stay in Indonesia for a longer period, up to 60 days. The price for this type of visa is slightly higher than for the short-stay visa. (From €95).
The difference in cost between the two types of visa is explained by the authorised length of stay. It is important to note that these prices may vary according to current government policy and the nationality of the traveller. It is therefore advisable to check the latest information on prices before submitting your visa application.
What are the additional fees for the online eVoa?
For the eVoa online visa, the fees are generally the same as for the tourist visa on arrival. However, you will have to pay an additional processing fee to obtain your EVOA online. These processing fees are often modest and vary depending on the online service provider you choose for your application.
In the following section, we will explain in detail the steps involved in obtaining your visa online (eVoa) and provide you with information on the additional processing fees, so that you can make an informed decision on how to obtain your visa for Bali in Indonesia.
How can I avoid paying too much for the eVoa for Bali?
Here are some more generic tips on how to avoid paying too much for the eVoa (Electronic Visa On Arrival) for Bali, using the official website or a private service provider:
- Research beforehand: Before submitting your application, take the time to research the fees and service providers available. Understand the costs associated with eVoa for Bali so you don't end up paying more than you need to.
- Plan ahead: Avoid rush charges by planning your eVoa application in advance. Providers often charge extra for urgent requests.
- Read the conditions carefully: Make sure you understand all the conditions and fees of the provider you choose. Avoid surprises by reading the terms and conditions before submitting your application.
- Check for discounts or special offers: Some service providers may offer discounts or special offers from time to time. Look for these opportunities online before finalising your request.
- Avoid hidden charges: Be aware of hidden charges. Make sure the service provider isn't charging you unexpected extra fees.
- Contact customer service: If you have any doubts or questions about the charges, don't hesitate to contact the service provider's customer service department. They will be able to answer your questions and provide you with clear information on costs.
Make sure you also respect the deadlines and specific requirements of the service provider you choose so that you can obtain your visa efficiently and without financial hassle.
Steps to apply for an eVoa visa online
Obtaining an eVoa visa online is a relatively simple and convenient process. Here are the steps to follow to successfully submit your application:
- Prepare your documents: Before you start the online application, make sure you have the required documents ready. This usually includes your valid passport, a recent photo and details of your travel itinerary.
- Access the official website: Visit the official Indonesian government website or an eVoa visa service provider.
- Complete the online application form: Complete the online application form, providing all the required information accurately and consistently with your passport details.
- Upload your documents: Upload the necessary documents, such as your photo and a copy of your passport information page.
- Pay the processing fee: Pay the processing fee online using a credit card or other accepted payment method.
- Receive your authorisation by e-mail: Once your application has been successfully processed, you will receive a visa authorisation by e-mail. Make sure you print it out and keep it with your passport for your trip.
As a web writer and globetrotter with a passion for travel and tourism, I have acquired in-depth knowledge of the procedures that are essential for travellers. I help travellers to complete all the formalities required for a successful trip, particularly when it comes to obtaining a visa online. With several years' experience in this field, I'd like to offer you some valuable advice to help you discover the world with complete peace of mind.