Do you want to go to Tanzania soon but don't know anything about the administrative formalities to be completed beforehand? Here we offer you our help on how to obtain a travel authorisation for this destination with explanations about the e-visa, which is a kind of electronic visa and how to obtain it simply and in a short time, directly online ?
Tanzania eVisa application: key points
- The e visa is an electronic visa for travelling to Tanzania for tourism or business.
- Like a passport, a visa or e-visa is compulsory for travel to Tanzania
- The average processing time for a Tanzania e-visa is 16 to 21 days
- The price of an e visa for Tanzania is $50 (excluding processing fees), payable by credit card.
- The Tanzania e-visa is a fast alternative to the traditional visa available to certain countries.
The various requirements for travelling to Tanzania and the e-visa
Of course, before you travel to this magnificent country, you need to make sure that you have fulfilled the various requirements necessary for your trip to Tanzania. Here are a few things you should think about doing before you leave.
First of all, as Tanzania is not part of the European Union, you must of course have a valid passport. This passport must also be valid for 6 months after your return date. It is also necessary that at least 3 pages of this document are blank, two of which must be facing each other.
However, the passport alone will not allow you to travel to Tanzania. You will also need a visa to travel to Tanzania. It is common to go directly to the Tanzanian embassy in UK or to an agency specialising in these services, or even to apply for a visa once you have arrived in the country, at an airport or border post. But to avoid wasting time and unnecessary hassle, the best way is to apply for your visa online using the e-visa system which we will discuss in this article.
A e-visa is a required travel document for travel to Tanzania:
As a British traveller, it will be imperative for you to obtain a visa in order to travel to Tanzania with peace of mind and in all legality. The visa is indeed mandatory for all stays in this country, whatever the duration or the purpose.
Let's take the example of a trip to Tanzania for tourism, as is most often the case. If this project concerns you, you will have to obtain a tourist visa or L visa without which you will not be allowed to enter the country.
The different deadlines to know about the eVisa for Tanzania:
The time limit for obtaining a visa for Tanzania or the time limit for its validity are all parameters that you should know before applying for a visa for Tanzania. Here are some explanations on these subjects as well as explanations on the characteristics of this tourist visa.
First of all, let's look at how long the Tanzania visa is valid before departure, in other words, how long before your trip you will have to apply for it. Indeed, the visa for Tanzania, once obtained, has a validity period of 3 months. During this period, you can use this authorization to enter the country at any time.
It is therefore important not to apply for your e-visa too far in advance because if the three-month period is exceeded at the time of your departure, you will have to redo all the necessary steps to obtain a new visa.
You should not confuse the length of validity of a visa for Tanzania with the length of stay it allows. Indeed, the tourist visa or L visa as well as the e visa, allow you to stay in the country for a maximum of three months from the date of entry in Tanzania. After this period, you will need to obtain a new visa or another type of residence permit.
Finally, let's look at the ideal time to apply for your visa to go to Tanzania. This procedure should be done in advance if you want to get your visa in time. It is known that if you apply for a classic visa for this country, you will have to wait for an average of 6 working days after submitting your application to the embassy. It is therefore advisable to apply at least two weeks before your departure date, especially if you wish to use the e-visa procedure, which is a remote visa application that can be made on the Internet.
How much does an e-visa cost to travel to Tanzania?
Of course, as with all administrative procedures, a visa application for Tanzania is not free. The price of your visa application for Tanzania will vary, however, depending on how you make your application and which service provider you use.
There are various websites that offer you access to the e-visa application form online and to do this process for you and from a distance. And the rates advertised by these sites vary from one provider to another.
The fees charged for this visa application correspond to the costs of processing, transferring and checking your application and are therefore required. You can pay them here by credit card directly online, on a secure server. Of course, each traveller for whom you apply for an e-visa is obliged to pay these fees. There are no preferential rates or group rates for this process.
The different documents and supporting documents for a e visa for Tanzania :
In order to obtain a visa or an e-visa to Tanzania, you will need to provide certain documents and supporting evidence in order to build up your file. Here are some of the things you need to consider before you apply.
- First of all, you must of course have a valid passport which is valid for at least 6 months after your return date. This is the passport on which your visa will be affixed.
- You should also have in your possession the return flight tickets for your trip to Tanzania. Here, a simple copy will suffice.
- If you are travelling through a tour operator, you will also need to ask them to provide you with a stamped certificate of your trip and the address of the first hotel where you will be staying.
- In order to create your visa, you will need to provide a recent passport photo to be included on this official document. This photo must be in legal format and meet certain standards.
- Finally, you will also need to include the official visa application form from the Tanzanian embassy, which you can download from our partner's website once completed.
- Of course, we have talked to you here in particular about the documents and supporting documents that you must enclose with your visa application if you are a British citizen and therefore reside in UK permanently. If this is not the case, you may be asked for other documents as they are mandatory. If you wish to obtain another type of visa, such as a work visa, you should consult the list of documents to be provided for this purpose.
Also note that if you wish to travel to Tanzania with minor children, other documents may be required, such as a certificate of permission to leave the country from one or both parents.
Where and how to apply for an eVisa for Tanzania:
Now that you know everything about the characteristics and conditions of the e-visa for Tanzania, we suggest that you get down to the nitty-gritty and find out how to apply effectively.
There is indeed a much easier way than going to the embassy of your country to obtain this document thanks to the e-visa system which has existed for a few years now and which greatly simplifies this process.
This e-visa procedure, as its name indicates, is carried out solely online on the Internet and you no longer need to go to the embassy to obtain this famous official document for Tanzania. All you have to do is fill in the official online application form and send it by post.
You will receive your visa by post and directly at home after only a few days.