Are you planning a trip to Bali, Indonesia? Then you've come to the right place to find out everything you need to know about the eVoa (Electronic Visa On Arrival) visa for Bali. The eVoa visa is a practical and efficient way of obtaining travel authorisation for Bali. Designed to facilitate tourist travel, it offers visitors the option of obtaining their visa on arrival, directly at the airport. However, to take full advantage of this option, it is essential to understand the application process in detail. Applying for an eVoa visa for Bali involves following a specific set of steps. Understanding this process is essential to ensure your trip goes smoothly. This page will guide you through each stage of the application process, providing you with the information and advice you need for a stress-free travel experience.
eVoa visa application for Bali in Indonesia: Key points
- eVoa stands for Electronic Visa On Arrival.
- The eVoa visa application is online and 100% electronic
- The average price of a visa for Bali with eVoa is 35 euros
- To obtain an eVoa visa, you will need your passport and a passport photo.
What is the eVoa visa and how does it work?
To better understand the eVoa visa, it's important to break down the term. eVoa stands for "Electronic Visa On Arrival". It is an electronic system that allows eligible travellers to apply for and obtain their visa directly at Denpasar airport, Bali, on arrival.
Let's take a look at the eligibility requirements for this Indonesian visa. Not everyone is eligible for the eVoa visa. Travellers must meet certain eligibility criteria, such as nationality, reason for travel and expected length of stay. Eligibility criteria vary according to the Indonesian regulations in force. It is essential to check your eligibility before starting the application process.
The eVoa visa offers considerable advantages, including the simplicity of the application process and the possibility of obtaining travel authorisation quickly on arrival.
However, there are also limitations to take into account, such as the length of stay permitted and the lack of any possibility of extension on the spot. Understanding both the advantages and the limitations will help you to plan your trip properly.
Now that you have a better understanding of the eVoa visa, we'll move on to the next section, which will guide you through the step-by-step process of applying for this handy tourist visa for Bali.
Step by step: How do I apply for an eVoa visa for Bali (Indonesia)?
- Preparing the required documents: The first step in applying for an eVoa visa is to prepare the required documents. This generally includes your valid passport, a recent photograph, your return ticket and documents justifying the reason for your trip (hotel reservation, itinerary, etc.). It is essential to check the list of specific documents according to your nationality and situation.
- Online application form: You can apply for an eVoa visa online, which simplifies the process. You will need to fill in an application form on the official Indonesian immigration website or a provider website. Make sure you provide accurate and complete information when submitting your application. Once the application has been submitted, you will receive a reference number.
- Payment of visa fee: After completing the online form, you will be required to pay the eVoa visa fee. Fees vary according to your nationality and the length of your stay in Indonesia. Payment can also be made online, usually by credit card. Keep proof of payment for your records.
- Receipt of eVoa authorisation: Once you have submitted your application and made payment, you will usually receive an eVoa authorisation by e-mail. This authorisation allows you to travel to Indonesia and must be presented on arrival at Denpasar airport, Bali. Make sure you print out this authorisation and keep it with your passport.
- Arrival in Bali and entry with eVoa visa: When you arrive at Denpasar airport, Bali, present your passport, eVoa authorisation and other required documents to the immigration authorities. You will then be authorised to enter Indonesia as a tourist. Your stay will generally be limited to a set period, in accordance with the regulations in force.
How much does an eVoa visa for Bali cost?
The price of an eVoa tourist visa for Bali is €35. This price is set by the Indonesian government.
The eVoa visa can be obtained online via the Indonesian government website or via private service providers. The procedure is quick and easy. All you have to do is fill in an online form and pay the visa fee.
The eVoa visa is valid for 30 days from the date of entry into Indonesia. It allows you to stay anywhere in the country, including Bali.
The service fees charged by companies that manage online visa applications may vary.
Indonesian citizens and permanent residents of Indonesia do not need a visa to enter Indonesia.
When should I apply for an eVoa visa?
It is advisable to apply for an eVoa visa for Bali (Indonesia) several weeks in advance of your planned date of travel. Processing times can vary depending on your nationality and the time of year, so it's best to apply well in advance to avoid any last-minute stress.
As a general rule, applying at least two to three weeks before departure is standard practice to ensure that eVoa authorisation is issued on time. This will also allow you to take into account any delays in processing your application.
Tips and recommendations for a successful eVoa visa application
We'd now like to give you some recommendations and advice on how to apply for an eVoa visa for Bali and Indonesia in the best possible conditions and without any worries:
- Processing time and foresight: When you're considering applying for an eVoa visa for Bali, it's essential to take processing times into account. Make sure you submit your application well in advance to avoid any last-minute stress. You should also allow time for the eVoa authorisation to be received by e-mail. It is advisable to apply for your visa several weeks before your planned date of travel.
- Common mistakes to avoid: Some common mistakes can result in your eVoa visa application being refused. To avoid this, make sure you provide accurate and complete information in your application form. Check your passport carefully to ensure that it is valid for the duration of your stay in Bali. You can also avoid errors when paying the visa fee by making the payment correctly and keeping proof of payment.
- Staying in Bali on an eVoa visa: When staying in Bali on an eVoa visa, it is important to comply with the conditions of your travel authorisation. Make sure you do not exceed the authorised duration indicated on your eVoa visa, as this could result in penalties. If you plan to extend your stay in Bali, consider consulting the local authorities about the visa extension procedures available.
As a web writer and globetrotter with a passion for travel and tourism, I have acquired in-depth knowledge of the procedures that are essential for travellers. I help travellers to complete all the formalities required for a successful trip, particularly when it comes to obtaining a visa online. With several years' experience in this field, I'd like to offer you some valuable advice to help you discover the world with complete peace of mind.