When planning your trip to Oman, it is essential to understand the entry conditions and visa requirements. This information is crucial to avoid any inconvenience or delays on arrival in the country. Every country has its own visa rules and regulations, and Oman is no exception. On this page, we'll provide you with important details about Oman's entry conditions and visa requirements. You'll find out whether you need a tourist visa to enter Oman or whether you are visa-exempt depending on your nationality. In addition, we will guide you through the online visa application process, as well as other ways to obtain a visa for Oman, such as embassies and visas on arrival.
Oman tourist visa: key points
- A visa is a required document for tourists wishing to visit Oman.
- There is an online visa application procedure for Oman called e-visa
- The Oman visa is free for British nationals staying in the country for less than 14 days.
- For longer stays, the price for an Oman visa is around $52.
- The online visa for Oman is a single- or multiple-entry visa valid for 30 or 90 days.
What are the visa requirements for travel to Oman?
Oman offers a visa waiver to many countries, allowing nationals of these countries to travel without a visa for a certain period of time. Countries benefiting from this visa waiver include, but are not limited to:
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) members: Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates.
- Certain European countries: United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain.
- The United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
The length of stay authorised without a visa may vary according to nationality. For example, nationals of GCC countries can generally stay for up to 6 months without a visa, while other countries can enjoy stays of 10 days to 1 month without a visa.
Some countries require a visa to enter Oman, regardless of the intended length of stay. Nationals of these countries must obtain a tourist visa before travelling. Here are some examples of countries requiring a visa for Oman:
- India, China, Russia, Brazil, South Africa, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, etc.
The maximum length of stay allowed on a tourist visa is generally 30 days, although extensions may be requested in certain specific cases.
It is important to note that visa requirements may change periodically, so it is essential to check the latest information with the consular authorities or on the official Oman government website before planning your trip.
Is there a free visa for Oman?
Yes, there is a free visa for Oman for stays of less than 14 days. Nationals of 103 countries, including the UK, can benefit from this visa exemption.
For stays of more than 14 days, a visa is required. It can be obtained from Omani embassies or consulates in the country of residence. The cost of the visa varies according to the nationality of the applicant.
Where can I find an Oman visa application form in English?
It is possible to fill in the Oman visa application form directly in English. To do this, and to get help filling in the application form, we recommend using the website of a private service provider.
This service provider will be able to assist you with your visa application and increase your chances of avoiding common mistakes and therefore obtaining your visa more quickly.
Applying for an Oman tourist visa online: How it works and benefits?
Oman offers a convenient and efficient online visa application system, allowing travellers to apply for a tourist visa without having to physically visit an embassy or consulate. This online process simplifies administrative procedures and offers travellers greater flexibility.
To obtain a tourist visa for Oman online, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the official Omani government website or an e-visa service provider website: Access the official website or the website of a service provider dedicated to tourist visas. Be sure to check the most recent version of the site for the most up-to-date information.
- Fill in the online application form: Carefully fill in the online application form with all the required information. This may include personal details such as your name, nationality, date of birth, address, passport number, dates of travel, etc. Make sure you provide accurate information that matches your passport.
- Prepare the required documents: Gather the documents required for your visa application. This may include a copy of your valid passport, a recent photograph, proof of return flight booking, hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from an Omani sponsor, if applicable. Check the specific requirements of the Omani government for the necessary documents.
- Pay the visa fee online: Pay the visa fee online using the payment options accepted on the official website. Visa fees vary according to length of stay and nationality. Make sure you have a valid payment method.
- Submit the application and wait for confirmation: Once you have completed the form, uploaded the required documents and paid the visa fee, submit your application online. You will receive confirmation that your application has been received.
Thanks to the online application, you can obtain a visa for Oman in just a few days, which saves you a considerable amount of time in preparing your trip. What's more, by choosing a quality service provider, you'll get help with the process.
What other ways are there of obtaining a visa for Oman?
If you prefer to apply for your visa in person, or if you are unable to use the online visa application system, you can contact the Omani embassy or consulate in your country of residence. Here are some examples of Omani embassies and consulates around the world:
- Embassy of Oman in Paris, France
- Consulate General of Oman in New York, United States
- Embassy of Oman in London, United Kingdom
For addresses and contacts of other embassies, visit the official website of the Omani Ministry of Foreign Affairs for a full list of Omani embassies and consulates in various countries. Be sure to make an appointment in advance to apply for your visa in person.
When you visit the embassy or consulate, you will need to complete a visa application form, provide the required documents and pay the visa fee. The precise requirements and process may vary depending on the embassy or consulate, so it is advisable to consult their website or contact them directly for specific information.
Is it possible to obtain a visa on arrival at Oman airport?
Oman also offers visas on arrival for certain travellers who meet specific conditions. This means that you can obtain your visa once you arrive at Oman's airport or land border, without having to apply in advance.
- Visa on arrival eligibility requirements: Nationals of certain countries may be eligible for a visa on arrival in Oman. Eligibility criteria may include requirements such as a specific nationality, residence in a particular country, a valid residence visa for that country, etc. It is important to check that you meet the requirements before travelling.
- Procedure for obtaining a visa on arrival in Oman: On arrival in Oman, go to the visa office at the airport or land border. You will need to present your passport, complete the visa application form and pay the visa fee. Once approved, the visa will usually be stamped in your passport, allowing you to enter and stay in Oman in accordance with the conditions specified.
As a web writer and globetrotter with a passion for travel and tourism, I have acquired in-depth knowledge of the procedures that are essential for travellers. I help travellers to complete all the formalities required for a successful trip, particularly when it comes to obtaining a visa online. With several years' experience in this field, I'd like to offer you some valuable advice to help you discover the world with complete peace of mind.