Today, it is no longer necessary to go to the Indian consulate or embassy in your country of residence to apply for a visa thanks to the e-visa procedure, which is a form of Indian visa that is applied for directly online. This simple procedure takes only a few minutes and allows you to get an answer and a visa directly by email in approximately one week. But sometimes, some travellers are surprised to see that they receive an email telling them that their visa application has been refused. On this page, we propose to discover the different causes of these refusal problems as well as the solutions at your disposal to obtain a new visa.
India e-Visa rejected: key points
- The e-visa for India may be rejected if the traveller does not comply with the conditions of this online procedure
- A mistake when filling in the India e-visa application form may result in it being rejected.
- It is possible to apply again if your e-visa for India has been rejected.
- It is recommended that you use a quality online service provider to avoid having your e-visa for India rejected.
What is the main cause of online visa refusal for India?
When the Indian government tells you that your application for a visa to India has been refused, it does not tell you the reason for the refusal. However, we have listed for you the most common mistakes that can result in the Indian authorities refusing your application.
The most common mistake that results in the refusal of an online visa for India is the refusal of an Indian visa because of the passport photo.
The e-Visa allows you to upload your ID in digital format without having to send it by post. However, you must be careful to scan a passport photo in the required format. For example, a passport photo may be rejected by the Indian authorities, especially if it has been taken against an unclear background or if it does not meet the standards required by the authorities. Again, using a quality accredited service provider will allow you to have your photo checked and automatically Photoshoped before including it in your application.
Once an e-visa has been obtained, can it be refused at the time of boarding or arrival?
It is possible that you may initially obtain your e-visa for India, but that it may be rejected at the time of embarkation to the country. Remember that the application form for an India visa is quite complicated and is only available in English on the official government website. Filling in the application form on your own can be complex and can lead to mistakes, as a simple typing error can result in a visa being refused or not being considered valid when checked.
From the Indian government website and if you are applying for a visa yourself, errors are not automatically detected. This means that if you make a spelling error, a typing error or a mistake in answering any of the items, it is possible that you will get your visa, but that it will be rejected when you board your flight to India.
It is also possible that the payment of your visa application was not done correctly, as the online credit card payment platform for the Indian visa has regular bugs. Without the payment of its fees, your visa cannot be issued.
How do I get a new India visa if my application is refused?
If your application for a visa to India has been rejected, fortunately you have the option to reapply online after being notified of the refusal.
We recommend that you do not tick the box indicating that you have already applied for a visa that has been refused, but that you tick the box indicating that you have applied for a visa that has been rejected.
It is also recommended that you use a service provider such as the one we recommend here, who will help you fill in the form in the best possible way and check it before sending it to the Indian authorities.
How can you be sure your India e-visa won't be refused?
Obtaining an e-visa to India can seem complex and daunting, but by following the right steps, you can minimise the chances of your application being refused. Here are some tips to help you ensure your India e-visa is approved:
- Check the requirements: It is important to familiarise yourself with the requirements for obtaining an e-visa to India. This includes personal information, travel information, passport requirements, etc. Be sure to provide accurate and up-to-date information to avoid errors or omissions that may result in a refusal.
- Visa photos: Visa photos must meet strict standards and it is therefore recommended that you use a professional photographer to take them. Make sure your photo is clear, well-lit and free from reflections or shadows that may make it difficult to recognise your face.
- Personal and travel information: It is important to provide accurate and up-to-date information about your identity and travel. This includes information such as travel dates, purpose of travel, contact information, etc. Make sure that the information provided is accurate to avoid delays or refusals.
- Payment: Ensure that the payment for your e-visa has been successfully completed and retain the receipt for future reference.
- Timing: Apply for your e-visa well in advance to ensure you receive it in time for your trip.
- Additional documents: Make sure you provide any additional documents required by the Indian authorities, such as proof of travel or financial support.
In conclusion, by following the right steps and providing accurate and up-to-date information, you can minimise the risk of your India e-visa being rejected.
As a web writer and globetrotter with a passion for travel and tourism, I have acquired in-depth knowledge of the procedures that are essential for travellers. I help travellers to complete all the formalities required for a successful trip, particularly when it comes to obtaining a visa online. With several years' experience in this field, I'd like to offer you some valuable advice to help you discover the world with complete peace of mind.