As you know, before you travel to India, you will need to obtain an online visa or e-visa to affix to your passport. The online visa application requires less documentation than a traditional visa at an embassy or consulate, but it is necessary to apply in due form in order to be accepted. In particular, you will need to pay particular attention to filling in the application form, or your application may be rejected. You can get help in filling in the form from a quality provider such as the one we recommend on this page.
India visa application form: key points
- The India visa form is a questionnaire to be completed online in order to obtain a tourist visa for this country.
- The first part of the India visa form is to be filled in with the applicant's details.
- The second part of the India visa form concerns your passport details.
- The India visa form must be completed with several documents, including a passport photo.
What is the India visa application form?
The India visa application form is an essential document for travellers wishing to visit India for tourism, business, medical or other purposes. This form, also known as the visa application form, must be completed accurately and submitted in accordance with the guidelines of the relevant Indian embassy or consulate.
The India visa form collects vital information about the traveller, including identity, travel itinerary, purpose of visit, intended dates of travel and other relevant details. It can be downloaded online from the official website of the Indian embassy or consulate and then filled in electronically or manually, depending on the applicant's preference.
Once the visa application form has been completed, it must be submitted with all the required documents, such as passport, passport photos, travel documents and processing fee. Processing times may vary depending on the type of visa requested and the consular jurisdiction. It is therefore advisable to submit the visa application well in advance of the planned date of travel.
How do I complete the first part of the India visa application form?
The very first part of the online visa application form for India is the applicant's details. Here you will have the opportunity to apply as a group by filling in one application form for all travellers accompanying you. The information you will be asked for in this part of the form is as follows
- Your dates of arrival and departure from the country.
- Your personal details, including telephone number, address and email address.
- The reasons for your trip to India.
- What you wish to visit in India, starting with the first place you wish to visit.
- The seaports or airports of arrival and departure.
You may also be asked to provide emergency contact details. Of course, in the case of a group application, you must repeat all these questions for each traveller. Remember also to give your telephone number with an international dialling code.
How do I complete the second part of the India visa application form?
Once you have completed the first part of the India visa application form, you will be taken to a second part where you will be asked to fill in various information about yourself, including your passport details.
You will be asked other questions, such as your level of education, clearly visible identifying features such as tattoos, scars and the like. You will also be asked about your religious beliefs.
In this section, you will also be asked to provide the place of birth and nationality of your parents, even if they are deceased, as well as those of your spouse.
It is compulsory to provide all this information if you want to be able to obtain a visa to enter the country.
In the rest of this form, you will also have to fill in some information about your employer. If you are self-employed, you must give your name or the name of your company here. If you are unemployed, give the name of your last employer.
Finally, if you have never worked or are declared unfit for work, you must provide the details of your parent's employer, even if the latter has ceased to work.
How do I upload supporting documents for an India visa application?
By applying for an Indian visa directly online, you will be able to upload the required supporting documents digitally.
You will need to send a passport photo and a ID photo. Before you do this, be sure to review all of the answers you gave on the form earlier. You will also have to pay the fees for processing your visa application by credit card or Paypal.
Once the payment has been validated, you will receive an email inviting you to upload a copy of your passport and ID photo. In particular, you will be able to send a photo of your passport that you took with your phone, which will be considered a digital copy. However, you will need to ensure that the photo is particularly legible and sharp.
As far as the passport photo is concerned, you can also do this by taking a selfie with your smartphone. You do not need to go to a photographer or a photo machine to get official passport photos. However, the photo should be in colour and recent, ideally with a white background, without any distinguishing marks and without smiling.
In any case, if you have difficulties in filling in the application form for a visa for India, you should know that some online service providers offering this form also help you to obtain this visa in the best conditions.
What to do if you make a mistake when filling in the India visa form?
Making a mistake when filling in a visa application can be stressful, but there are steps you can take to resolve the issue. Here are the steps to take if you have made a mistake when applying for an India visa online:
- Contact the Indian Embassy: If you have noticed an error soon after submitting your visa application, it is best to contact the Indian Embassy to inform the officials about the error. It is important to be specific about the error and provide the correct information to correct it.
- Correct the error on the application form: If you need to correct an error on your application form, you can often do so online. If this is not possible, you may need to submit a new visa application with the correct information. Be sure to check with the Indian embassy to find out how to proceed.
- Be patient: Once you have corrected the error on your visa application form, you must wait for the embassy's decision. It is important not to submit multiple applications or contact the embassy frequently as this can slow down the process and you may even be denied your visa.
- Prepare additional documents: If the Indian embassy asks you for additional information or documents to clarify an error on your visa application, prepare them professionally and submit them as soon as possible.
- Allow extra time: If you have made a mistake on your visa application, it is important to allow extra time for the application process. In general, visa applications take longer if they require clarification or correction.
In conclusion, making a mistake when applying for an India visa online can be stressful, but there are steps you can take to correct the mistake and continue the application process. It is important to remain patient and follow the Indian Embassy's instructions to ensure your visa application is successful. For this reason, it is strongly recommended that you apply through a website that has an English-language form and a team that can guide you through the process if you have difficulty answering any of the items.
As a web writer and globetrotter with a passion for travel and tourism, I have acquired in-depth knowledge of the procedures that are essential for travellers. I help travellers to complete all the formalities required for a successful trip, particularly when it comes to obtaining a visa online. With several years' experience in this field, I'd like to offer you some valuable advice to help you discover the world with complete peace of mind.