In order to organise your future trip to Cambodia, you probably need to know what administrative formalities are required and in particular whether it is necessary to obtain a visa for this country and under what conditions. This page explains the Cambodian visa from the UK.
Travelling to Cambodia without a visa from the UK
- It is not possible to travel to Cambodia without a visa as a tourist and a British citizen.
- A tourist visa for Cambodia can be obtained online using the e-visa procedure.
- You can also apply for a Cambodia visa at the embassy.
Is a visa required for British people wishing to travel to Cambodia?
Yes, British travellers need a visa to enter Cambodia. There are different types of visas available, such as tourist visas, business visas and transit visas. To obtain a visa for Cambodia, you can apply online or in person at a Cambodian embassy or consulate in the UK. You will need to provide the required documents, such as a valid passport and a recent photograph, and pay the appropriate visa fee.
It is important to check the visa requirements and meet the eligibility criteria before planning your trip to Cambodia. If you have any questions about visas for Cambodia, please do not hesitate to contact the Cambodian embassy or consulate for assistance.
It is also possible, as we will see below, to obtain an e-visa for Cambodia online, through a 100% digital procedure that will only take you a few minutes.
What are the different types of Cambodian visas for British travellers?
Here are the different types of visas available for British travellers to Cambodia:
- Tourist Visa: This visa is for travellers visiting Cambodia for tourism or leisure purposes. It is valid for 30 days and can be obtained online or in person from the Cambodian Embassy or a Cambodian Consulate.
- Business Visa: This visa is for travellers who are visiting Cambodia for business reasons, such as business meetings or conferences. It is valid for 90 days and can be obtained online or in person from the Cambodian Embassy or a Cambodian Consulate.
- Transit Visa: This visa is for travellers stopping over in Cambodia before travelling to another country. It is valid for a period of 30 days and can be obtained online or in person from the Cambodian Embassy or a Cambodian Consulate.
- Student Visa: This visa is for students who come to study in Cambodia for an extended period of time. It is valid for the duration of their studies and can be obtained online or in person from the Cambodian Embassy or a Cambodian Consulate.
What are the requirements for obtaining a visa for Cambodia online?
To obtain a tourist visa for Cambodia, you must meet certain eligibility requirements:
- You must have a valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of entry into Cambodia.
- Have a return ticket or proof of transport to leave Cambodia.
- Have enough money to cover your travel and living expenses in Cambodia.
- Not to be on the list of persons prohibited from entering Cambodia.
- Do not intend to work in Cambodia.
- Not have a criminal record in Cambodia.
How can I get a visa to Cambodia from the UK?
There are several ways to obtain a visa for Cambodia from the UK:
- E-visa: You can apply for an e-visa online from the Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation website or simply from a service provider such as the one we recommend on this page. This is the fastest and most convenient option, as you do not need to physically go to Cambodia to get your visa.
- Visa at the Cambodian Embassy in the UK: You can also apply for a visa at the Cambodian Embassy in the UK. To do this, you need to go to the embassy with all the required documents and fill in a visa application form.
- Visa on arrival in Cambodia: You can also obtain a visa on arrival in Cambodia using the ATMs available at Cambodia's international airports. This option is a little less convenient, as you need to allow sufficient time to get to the counters and complete the necessary formalities before you can clear customs.
How do I apply for a Cambodia e-visa from the UK?
To apply for a Cambodia e-visa from the UK, you need to take the following steps:
- Access the official website or our partner's website which gives you access to an application form, like the one we recommend on this page.
- Select your destination to access the e-visa application form.
- Fill in the online form with all the required information, including your name, date of birth, nationality, residential address, passport number and reason for travel to Cambodia.
- Upload a copy of your passport and a recent photo of yourself.
- Pay the visa fee online using a credit card or PayPal account.
- Submit your application after verifying the accuracy of the data and information provided.
- Wait for your application to be processed. Once your application is approved, you will receive an e-visa by email. Print it out and present it when you arrive in Cambodia.
It is important to note that the e-visa is only valid for a single entry and is valid for a maximum stay of 30 days. If you wish to stay longer in Cambodia, you will need to apply for a tourist visa from the Cambodian Embassy in the UK before your departure.
How do I get a visa to Cambodia from the UK?
If you are not eligible to apply for a Cambodia e-visa online, you can still apply for a regular Cambodia visa by going directly to the Cambodian embassy or consulate and following these simple steps:
- Go to the Cambodian embassy in the UK with all the required documents and fill in a visa application form.
- Pay the visa fee in cash or by credit card.
- Submit your visa application and wait for your application to be processed. Depending on the case, you may have to visit the embassy several times for interviews or to provide new documents.
- Once your visa application has been approved, you will receive your visa by post or you will have to go to the embassy to collect it. Be sure to check the validity and length of stay requirements of your visa before you travel to Cambodia.
The possibility of obtaining a visa on arrival in Cambodia
At international airports, you can acquire a visa on arrival. When you land, you will need to go to the "visa on arrival" desk. You will need 2 passport photos and the necessary amount in US dollars. By following these recommendations, you will get your visa affixed in the passport valid for entering the country.
Note that at the arrival counter you will spend about 30-45 minutes waiting for your turn. The time may be more or less, depending on how busy the entrance is. After this stage, you can go to the visa/e-visas counters to receive the entry stamp. To avoid wasting hours at the airport, it is best to get your visa or e-visa done before you leave.
As a web writer and globetrotter with a passion for travel and tourism, I have acquired in-depth knowledge of the procedures that are essential for travellers. I help travellers to complete all the formalities required for a successful trip, particularly when it comes to obtaining a visa online. With several years' experience in this field, I'd like to offer you some valuable advice to help you discover the world with complete peace of mind.